Total Pageviews

Friday, July 22, 2011

A Parting Message

Well, as many of you know, I have been called to serve as a missionary for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints in Rosario, Argentina. I will report to the MTC (Missionary Training Center) on July 27, where I will learn to preach the gospel in the Spanish language. After roughly two months of studying and practicing there, I will head down to good ol’ Argentina, which will become my new home for the next two years as I share the “good news” with argentinians.

I have created this blog to keep my family and friends updated with my experiences in the MTC and, later on, in the mission field. I have given the rights of this blog to my sister, Camille, who will routinely forward my emails and stories to this page. If you want to contact me personally, you can ask any member of my family for my current mailing address, as it will change a few times during my two years in Argentina. I would love to get letters from all of you. And don't worry, I will write back :)! For my first two monts in the MTC, my address will be:

Elder Rory Ballard Jones
MTC Mailbox # 280
ARG-ROS 0927
2005 N 900 E
Provo, UT 84604-1793


And that’s about it––for now anyway. I want to thank all of you for what you have taught me and for the examples you have shown. I will begin my adventure this wednesday. Let the journey begin! :)

1 comment:

  1. Cool blog! I think you look so much like your Dad. I will try and get a few letters written to you while you are in the MTC. Keep on keeping on!

    Love,
    Aunt Karen

    ReplyDelete