Total Pageviews

Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Hey Hey Hey

Alright, so another six-week transfer has come and gone here in the offices. I have served as the mission historian for almost seven months now, and time has absolutely flown by these past few weeks. Last Tuesday, the president called me into his office. This has happened regularly over the past months, and we usually just talk about reports or other topics related to my job. Not this time! He surprised me completely, informing me that a new historian would come to the offices in a mere two days!

So for this past week, I have trained Elder Rubio, a humble missionary from Buenos Aires Province. He has gradually learned how to use all of the programs and should serve as a great historian. Plus, it has been kinda fun showing him the ropes. All and all, I have enjoyed my time here in the mission home, but heading back out into the field should be a great experience. I will leave the mission home this Wednesday, heading for the small town called "Pergamino," a small city close to the southern tip of our mission. Even though I serve in the Rosario Mission, our boundaries include small parts of Buenos Aires Province, and Pergamino is one of them. I have never even gone south of the mission home, so we will have to see how it goes over these next few weeks!

Also, the president informed me that I will be training a new missionary from Chile! Wahoo, I will now have a companion from South America! So far, all of my companions up to this point of my mission have been from the states! Wow, that makes me feel old. While in high school, I remember looking up to other missionaries and thinking, "Wow, they are super old." But guess what? I don´t feel that old! Oh well, I will probably say the same thing when I become a grandpa haha :) 

Anyways, long story short, I will continue serving my mission and trusting in the Lord by listening and following my leaders here. Right now, Pergamino is calling my name, and we´ll have to see what it has in store for me. In one short week, I will change from an office elder with Elder Hull to a trainer serving along with a companion from Chile. I might not see anyone who speaks English for a while... 

Don´t worry, I will keep you updated. Thank you so much for your support and prayers. I know we receive divine help here in the field, and we most definitely need it on a daily basis. 

Thanks again, and sorry for writing so little. We have had extremely small amounts of free time today between as I've helped train the new historian and prepare for all of the new missionaries who will come tomorrow. I hope you are all doing well. 

Elder Jones

No comments:

Post a Comment