Total Pageviews

Monday, March 18, 2013

Barrio Oeste

Here is some quick information about my current area, Barrio Oeste (West Ward), as well as some other random facts.

Barrio Oeste. Alright, so this area has really made my mission great for a variety of reasons. First off, IT IS HUGE! Encompassing roughly 50 blocks, it seems to never end. Elder Brahser and I have walked probably about half of the streets these past few weeks. What more, I´ve worked here for more than two months, and I still don´t know all of the neighborhoods within our area.

About half of the streets are covered with gravel and dirt, and the higher traffic roads are nicer, usually made of cement or asphalt. Compared to the rest of the little city called San Nicolás, our assigned working area covers more of the poorer houses. We have some really humble villages and neighborhoods, and the people really care for one another. We find a lot of investigators, but we struggle to get them to church since most of them don´t have cars and would have to walk about a mile. 

Luckily, we have sufficient support and help from members. That´s always a plus! Roughly 120 people attend each Sunday, which is one of the highest statistics in the whole mission. Not only do these active, faithful families help us with lessons and investigators, but they also provide us with adequate lunches and basically just tasty food.

My companion and I walk all over the place, and every once in a while we take a bus to travel to the outskirts of town. Right now, we have about eight people scheduled for baptism, and we just keep plugging along and working hard. Long story short, life is good!

This is kinda off topic, but I´ve started to work out seriously again too! Elder Brasher and I go running about three times a week and try to dedicate small amounts of time to weights and other exercises. I´m slowly becoming a runner again. haha. I kinda let myself go during the past few months, but my pants still fit, which is always a plus. :)

Thank you so much for everything you guys do for me. I have learned so much during my missionary service, and your support helps me along the way. I love this area right now as well as the investigators that we teach each day. I will be sure to keep you all updated.

Have a good week.

Your buddy,

Elder Jones

No comments:

Post a Comment