Total Pageviews

Monday, May 13, 2013

Mother's Day Phone Call


It was great to talk with my family. Though email and letters work fine, skype is definitely better! It sounds like everyone has had a good time lately, and I am STILL here in San Nicolás, Argentina, about to hit 22 months in the mission! Don´t worry, though, I´m still working hard :). Anyways, here is some quick information about this past Mother´s Day.

After church yesterday, our Ward Mission Leader, Fabio Vazquez, let Elder Brasher and I use two computers in his house to skype our homes. Their family loves and opens up to almost anyone, and I am grateful for their service and devotion to the church. Around the world you find incredible, loving families, and I know that the gospel blesses their lives on a daily basis. Families like this somewhat become my adopted families on the mission! My mission has been both hard and rewarding, and members have helped me out along the way. :)

As many of you know, I started my missionary service back in July 2011. Yep, let´s just say it´s been a while haha. Even without all the old friends and family gathered around me, I´ve grown to love those whom I serve while here in the mission. The church helps the family, and the family helps the church. Both the church and its families help the missionaries, and we as missionaries try to help everyone. When everyone does their part, small miracles become a part of our lives. I promise. :)

I really hope everyone had an amazing Mother´s Day, wherever they might be living right now. I´m extremely grateful for the support and strength I received yesterday from the two most important components of my life: the church and the family.

Have a great week! Serve others when you can!

Yours truly,

Elder Jones


P.S. I love you so much, mom! It was so great to talk with all of you. I hope you have a great week.

No comments:

Post a Comment