Total Pageviews

Monday, May 27, 2013

Our City Called Concepción del Uruguay!

Wow, this is amazing! We have SO MUCH work to do and so little time. Today we have to buy a new fridge, and we are slowly getting used to the city, learning the streets, and meeting both members and investigators. This past week has passed by quickly, and I will try to summarize some of the most interesting details.
 
Wednesday. Last Wednesday was probably one of the LONGEST days of my life, full of activity and plenty of traveling. After saying a few goodbyes, I woke up and left San Nicolás on a bus at about 7:30 am, with my suitcases packed. After arriving in Rosario, I met up with some other missionaries who watched my suitcases while I traveled to the mission home to meet my new companion, who happened to be Elder Thorn! He is from California and had been waiting for his visa in North Carolina for around 12 weeks. So he is already trained, but I will train him and show him around here in Argentina. It´s definitely different than his other temporary mission. We are both excited :).
 
Alright, so after eating lunch and getting everything done at the mission home, we finally could leave and head toward the bus station, where we would take a bus to Concepción del Uruguay. Guess what? This bus ride took FOREVER! Haha. It´s good that the chairs were comfy since the ride lasted around five hours. Yep, FIVE HOURS!
 
Obviously there are a ton more details, but long story short, I woke up and started my day early in the morning and ending up arriving at Concepción del Uruguay around 10:30pm, where a member helped us get to our apartment. We were tired but we´ve worked especially hard these last couple of days! It´s been a good experience.
 
I love the city. Even though we only had 18 attend church on Sunday, I know that we can help the small branch. The branch president is 28 years old, is working with some sort of advertisement and also  studying to become a teacher, and his wife is expecting a baby in about 3.5 months. Yeah, he is pretty busy. We also help him with the tithing after all the meetings. Elder Thorn and I should be able to provide some much-needed service here during the next few weeks.
 
Even though the church is struggling a little here, I know that we can make a difference. I only have about 11 weeks left and plan to make the best of them.
 
I hope you are all doing great. Thank you so much for the support and love.
 
Your missionary,
 
Elder Jones
 
P.S. We have the whole city to ourselves!!!!!! That´s a lot of ground to cover on foot :).

No comments:

Post a Comment