Total Pageviews

Monday, May 6, 2013

Working with the Zone and playing Tennis


Well, during these past two weeks we have tried to help out other areas within our zone. Every Tuesday after district meeting, Elder Brasher and I head out to one of the other parts of the zone with the respective missionaries. We dedicate the night to their area, trying to help them with whatever is needed!

Not only do we get to know the zone better, but we can just work together as a team. If someone gets baptized, he or she receives blessings, regardless of the area in which the ordinance takes place or the missionaries serving during that time. 

Also, today we played tennis. We found a small, clay tennis complex and decided to play this morning. IT WAS GREAT. I hadn´t played in forever. Both of us aren´t stars or anything, but it was just a nice break. Playing on a clay court really has a nice feel to it :)

We also ran to the tennis courts and then all the way here to the computers. I have probably burned a decent amount of calories, which is kinda hard sometimes to complete on the missoin. haha. Jump rope can only do so much :).

I might set the goal of completing an ironman after the mission. We will see what happens, though. 

Time will tell!

Thanks for all you do, and I hope you are having a great week. Enjoy summer!

Elder Jones


Editor's note: Here are a few questions/comments that Elder Jones mentioned on email

Have you had any more cow tongue recently? :)
Nope, no cow tongue for now! It´s all just part of the mission. haha.  

So who won in tennis?
We are like the same. We didn´t play sets. His mom played tennis for University of Utah, so she is probably pretty good haha. We just rallied for like an hour. It was a nice break.

At Windsor and Laura's reception, they had a life-size photo of Jaxon on the wall since he's on his mission now! haha It was great. So with this photo, this was his way of being there :)
Jaxon. What a boss. haha.


We have another baptism scheduled for May 18th. It is a 16-year-old who lives in La Emilia, that small little town we visit every once in a while. He should be a good addition to the small branch!

Yes! We do have a newly called Sister Training Leader. The missions are slowly changing, I think, to work better with more sister missionaries. :)

Our mission council got postponed due to bus driver strikes. We will have the council on May 15th, so I should get the package right before my birthday! Thanks again for sending them!

Zach looks like a man. haha. That would be awesome if he were on varsity tennis and starting JV baseball next year!

Man, I am almost 21. I´m getting old haha.

I think I am gonna log off. It was great to see some pictures and talk to you guys. I will talk to you on Sunday. It should be great to skype!!!!!







1 comment:

  1. Elder Jones- I just stumbled across your blog. Quite impressive. I served in Rosario about 10 years ago. Es la tierra celestial. I served as historian as well. Your entry of that transfer brought back sweet members.

    Thanks for serving. Keep up the good work.

    Tyler Howe (1999-2001)
    ahowe@graniteschools.org

    ReplyDelete